Linked In Certificates
OpenSSL for Linux
Become an Arduino Developer
Become a Raspberry Pi Developer
Started at Americorp Financial in 1997. I have been working on various versions of my resume to cover everything below. My full resume was over 7 pages. I decided to break it up in areas I have done at AFLLC. Some recruiters say the 7 page one is best. Others say over 4 pages is tossed out.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (B.EE): University of Detroit-Mercy
• Cisco Certified Network Associate: Routing and Switching
• 30+ years of researching the latest technology available
• Various certifications from Cisco, Microsoft and Novell held over 30 years
Certification Exams Passed
• Cisco CCNA R/S
• CompTIA A+
• VMWare Certified Associates 6: VCA6-DCV 1V0-621 exam
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt: Completed June 2019.
Many employers list knowledge of Agile or Six Sigma on their pages. Some require at least a Six Sigma Yellow Belt to apply. ITPro.TV has both Yellow and Green belt video series. I will spend the $40 to get SSDGlobal.Net’s book and exam for yellow belt. I want to work up to green belt.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
I decided before starting to study for my Yellow belt exams, I would finish the 10 hour green belt videos.
Lean Agile Project Manager
I have been seeing more employers list AGILE in their job descriptions. The Cisco CCDA is about network design. LAPM is about project management, which goes hand in hand. First part is completing the video course on ITPro.TV with Dr. Stern.
ITIL v4 Foundation certification
This is another certification that is mainly based around IT Service Management.
Desktop and Server Operating Systems
• Microsoft operating systems up to Windows workstation 10 and Windows Server 2016
• IBM OS/2 and OS/2 Warp
• Novell 4.11 to 6 Netware Server
• VMWare eSXi 5.1 to 6.0 Update 3
• VMWare vCenter 5.0 to 6.5 VMWare vCenter Server Appliance
• Various flavors of Linux: Suse, Redhat, Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS
• Dbase III and above
• Pervasive Btrieve and SQL for Novell Network
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to 2016
• MySQL: CentOS 7
• MariaDB 10.4.x used for WordPress and Fortinet 60E hardening project
• Configured Microsoft SQL server on Ubuntu for a ASP.Net project for my wife
• I have written SQL queries and created a database program using C# / SQL 2014 Express for my Bowflex Exercising
• My role at Americorp Financial is:
• Maintaining and patching SQL Servers
• Installation of applications that use databases
• Migrating databases to new SQL Server installations